Monday, April 5, 2010

Bonus Post

This is a small excerpt from a letter Jordan sent to my mom this week. It is really neat to see how excited he is about his mission and how quickly he is growing. She thought some of you might like to see this as well.

..."That's cool that all those new missionaries in the ward are going out. They have no idea how important the work they're doing is. I really like my companion. He's helped me a lot to get these things early on in my mission. There are a lot of missionaries that we say all the time "they don't get these things." I do see now how important my mission is and how important it is for me to bring the gospel into their lives. Also I know I wouldn't be the Father/Husband/Priesthood holder I need to be if it wasn't for my mission. I've come to see so much more about the atonement and the gospel and how it's the small simple things of the gospel that really make or break people and will keep their testimony strong. I've really seen how the mighty and powerful fall when they stop doing them and that's how they fall away. Keep praying and reading your scriptures. Don't go lax on thoughs. Everyday!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment